10.05.2009

The Night Before Liz Mare-weed












There is one thing I love in this world more than a hot slice of J's pizza.... and it's the Candlelight. A tiny little dive bar situated on Pearl street near Wash Park, it quickly became one of my go-to hangouts while living in Denver. As in, I would go there by myself after a particularly grueling day at my job (which involved working for a Singles Club, but alas, I'll save that story for later). Anyhoo... The Candlelight was my Cheers. Friendly staff, amazing juxebox (on which I always insist on playing "Get what you want" by New Radicals. Don't judge), and of course.... the ultimate... SHUFFLEBOARD.
After Liz's rehearsal dinner in the park, the CC gang collectively headed to our old haunt, and began drinking ourselves into a 90's oblivion. Favorite parts of the evening:

a) Eric photo-bombing every shot
b) Finding the EXACT SAME STAFF and locals that had been there 10 years ago
c) Nikki taking the drinking to the next level (level awesome/club ER)
d) and Alex, oh alex... taking his shirt off outside and chasing people once we closed down the bar.

Good times dotcom.