11.28.2009

A letter to Noah


I received an email this past week from my dear friend Julie.

Subject: An early Christmas Card.....
I just heard a story that broke my heart today.....my Mom told me about a friend of a friend that has a 4 year old little boy dying from cancer.She found out the sad news through the group she works with called the Saint Jude Circle. The group wanted to plan something special for Noah and his family this Christmas. The group asked what he would like as a Christmas gift & he said that he wanted "lots of Christmas cards" ....he didn't even want any kind of toy or grand gift. So I'm asking if you can find 10 minutes to buy a Christmas card a little early this year & mail it to Noah, that would be amazing. We're trying to get 1000 cards sent his way. The tragic news is that he will not make it to the end of December, so if you can send it out in the next 2-3 weeks,he'll be sure to receive your card. Thank you so much.


We really have so much to be thankful for... most importantly, our good health, which we all have a tendency to take for granted. Please y'all, readers of the cantina, take a second to write him a note... he deserves to have as much love in his life right now as humanly possible. Time is unfortunately of the essence, so make sure to do it this week. Below is his address.

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178