7.02.2010

The Ginge, Nacho and Me. Fried.






I really am contemplating creating a teeshirt design that reads "I lived through last year's polo match, and all I got was this lousy sunburn". Where do i BEGIN? Anne and I headed to Governor's Island last Sunday for the sporting event of the summer here in NYC... Veuve Clicquot's polo match with Prince Harry and Nacho Figueras. Ohhh Nachoooo. Anyhoo, despite warnings from all weather forecasters about the intensity of the heat, Anne and I made our way there hoping, nay, expecting that event organizers had anticipated and accommodated for the extreme temperatures that the fancy crowd would have to endure. Except they didn't. What's that Alec? Yes, I'll take extreme dehydration for $100 please. They ran out of umbrellas, ice buckets and wait for it.... WATER. There was no shade for those who did not attend the sit down luncheon, and we all sat cooking in our sweat for approximately 4 hours. Anne and I finally threw in the towel, despite our love for Nacho, and headed back early. The good news? We met some of the loveliest people. Misery really does love company.